Trimester - 1
Trimester - 2
Duration : 8 months
Trimester - 1
- Module - 1 : Compu Learn
- Module - 2 : Business Accounting
- Module - 3 : Tally Basics
- Module - 4 : Business and Company Law
Project (For self assessment of students & assessment by faculty.)
Trimester - 2
- Module - 5 : Direct Taxation
- Module - 6 : Indirect Taxes
- Module - 7 : Tally Advance
- Module - 8 : Taxation Softwares
Project: (For self assessment of students & assessment by faculty)
Trimester - 1
Module - 1 : Compu Learn
- Computer Fundamental including MS Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint etc.)
- Meaning and need of computer for an accountant
- Computer Hardware Overview- Input device, Outputdevice, Storage device etc.
- Operating System - Detail Discussion on Windows XP
- Organizing Files and Folders
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Networking and Internet
- CD/DVD Burning with windows XP & Nero
- Formation of computer
- Various Routine tips
Module - 2 : Business Accounting
- Accounts Fundamentals, Including basic accountingprinciples & other topics pertaining to Bank reconciliation,Depreciation, Ledger posting, Financial statement etc.
- Meaning and Process of Accounting (Better for noncommerce students).
- Accounting Concepts, Conventions, Equation & otherfundamental terms
- Book keeping - Preparation of Journal, Subsidiarybooks, Cash Book, Ledger & Trial balance.
- Financial Statements - Trading Accounts, Profit & LossAccounts and Balance sheet
- Financial statements with important adjustments.
- Rectification of Errors, Concepts of Capital & RevenueExpenses.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement (BRS)
- Meaning of Depreciation and its accounting.
- Accounting for Non Profit Organization
- Various Accounting Tips
Module-3 : Tally Basics
Computerized Accounting by using Nationwide accepted & widely used Tally software (latest version).
- Introduction of Tally with use of tally for accounting
- Company Creation on tally
- Configuration of Tally
- Enabling/Disabling of Tally Features
- Group Company and Pre defined group of accounts
- Various terms related to ledger- Creation, alteration etc.
- Voucher types, Creation of Voucher and voucher entrywith advance voucher entry- Zero Value entry, Batchwise detail, Additional cost of purchase etc.
- Inventory function and its uses with advance features -Re-order level, Price level, Point of sale, Job costingetc.
- Advance Accounting Features - Cost center, Costcategory, Budgets, Interest Calculation, Multi Currency,Cheque printing, Credit limit etc.
- Various Types of Report - Trial Balance, Accountsbooks, Day book, List of Accounts, Stock summary,Physical Stock register, Cash flow statement, Fund flowstatement, Ration analysis, Exception report etc.
- Software Covered: Tally (Latest version)
Module-4: Business and Company Law
Knowledge of company law, including, Gratuity Act,Partnership Act, ESI, PF & Bonus Act.
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 - Meaning, Application, Calculation, Payment procedure etc.
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932 - Introduction, Types ofPartnership, Types of Partner, Partnership deed, Registration Procedure, Admission of partner,retirement of partner and Dissolution of partnership etc.
- Employee's State Insurance Act, 1948 - Meaning, application, Advantage of the scheme, Process etc.
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 - Introduction, Applicability, Computation, Calculation of Bonus, Payment, etc.
- Employees Provident Funds - Introduction, applicability, Benefits of the act, Contribution, Interest,
- Annual statement of accounts, PF settlement,Employer's Responsibility, Employee's Responsibility ,
- Forms & Challans etc.
- Company Law - Nature & Classes of Company,Incorporation of company, Prospectus, Share capitaland shares, Meaning and terms related to Director, Meeting, Types of meeting, Manual as well as Computerized preparation of Forms & return using MCA-21.
- Software Covered: Online overview of MCA-21 using Internet
Trimester - 2
Module-5: Direct Taxation
Basic knowledge of Income tax and overview of Wealth tax
- Basics of Income Tax and General terminology of Income tax
- Detail Discussion on Five head of Income
- Computation of Total Income
- Clubbing of Income
- Deductions from Income U/S 80.
- Advance Tax & Assessment procedure
- Concepts & Detail knowledge of TDS/TCS
- Manual Return Preparation & Filling of Forms, Challans etc.
- Overview of Wealth Tax
Module-6 : Indirect Taxes
Basic knowledge of Sales tax, VAT, Excise and Service Tax
- Central Sales Tax (CST) – Introduction, Applicability, Concepts and procedure and Various Forms and Challans.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) - Introduction, Applicability, Registration Procedure, Computation, Return Filling, Assessment, Manually filling of Forms, Challans etc.
- Excise Act – Introduction of Excise duty, Applicability, Registration, Calculation of excise duty, Cenvat Credit, Manual preparation of Excise return, Forms, Challans etc.
- Service Tax – Introduction of Service tax, Applicability, Chargeable Services, Registration and complete procedure, Concepts of Input Credit, Return filling etc.
Module - 7: Tally Advance
Computerized Advance Accounting (Statutory & Taxation)
- Quick Setup :- Excise for Manufacturer, Excise for dealer, Value Added Tax, tax Deducted At Source, Tax Collected At Source
- Excise: - Type of Excise Duty, Excise for Dealer and Excise for Manufacturer, CENVAT Credit, Excise Form.
- Service Tax: -Input Service Tax, Output Service Tax Ledger, Adjustment Entry, Service Tax Challan.
- Value Added Tax:- Input Vat, Output Vat, Composition Scheme, Adjustment Entry, Vat Forms.
- Tax Deducted At Source
- Tax collected At Source
- Payroll:- Payroll Reports, Attendance Reports, PF Reports, ESI Reports, Gratuity.
Module - 8 : Taxation Softwares
- CompuTax + CompuTDSsoftwares for tax computation & e-filling of returns
- CompuServe – Tax Computation and e-filling of returns
- Excise Manufacturing+ Excise Trading :- Preparation of Excise returns of manufacturer & Traders using softwares.
- Niryat:- For export import documentation
- Software Covered: Tally(Latest version), CompuTax, Compu TDS, Compu Serve, Excise Manufacturing, Excise Trading & Niryat
Software Tie-ups at NIFA
The students are taught the following industry recognized widely used softwares :
For AccountingTALLY (Latest Version)more...
For income Tax returns filingComputaxmore...
For filing of TDS returnsCompuTDSmore...
For filing of Service Tax returnsCompu Servemore...
For all types of legal documentation forms etc.Compu Formsmore...
For trading and manufacturing excise returnsExcise Udyogmore...
For Export documentationsNiryat
For payroll managementTankhwa
The usage of these software's are taught extensively and the students are trained to perfection in their operations..